June 1, 2009

Change is good?

My mother once told me: Change is good....Transition sucks!

Experience has taught me that certainly not all change is good, but mandated by the universe. That sneaky bastard. I suppose forced alterations in life are nature's way of keeping us on our toes. If only I were a ballerina; then perhaps I could more readily steady myself when my world is shockingly shaken up.

I will admit that once the permutation of what you thought you had settles in and has fully been transitioned to, it can occasionally be seen in a positive light. From what I've observed, those occasions are much too few and far between. Or is it that time does heal everything; we just haven't waited long enough? Where is the cosmic clock that count downs for you to the time when you will be comfortable again after having taken one for Team Human Race?

People change us. Circumstances change us. And sometimes, it's just a matter of Sh!t Happens. In any event, when you are subjected to something you never imagined, did not want, actively prayed against, or still cannot quite fathom, one must transition nevertheless. And that sucks! But there's no changing it.

1 comment:

  1. I find that change CAN be good. But don't forget, you always have your friends there to help you through the transition. :)

    ReplyDelete