June 18, 2009

I accomplished many things yesterday - left the house with matching shoes; got to work on time; did two loads of laundry (when I got back home, not at work - that would be silly, unless I worked at the local Howard Johnson); cleaned the house in anticipation of my mother's visit this weekend; bought a basketball for my son; and ate dinner without spilling spaghetti sauce on myself. However, there are three things I pulled off yesterday that are of concern:

1. I became confused when I could not locate the Roman Numerals (which I spelled Numberals on my first pounding of the buttons) on my computer keyboard. Um, yeah, they are also called Capital Letters!

2. It took me three attempts to correctly inform a client of the date of missing documents. There is a difference between January 2009, January 2008 and December 2008!

3. I searched for 15 minutes for what I thought was a missing file - which I located right beside my desk phone. The phone resides 14 inches (I measured) from my left elbow when I am at the computer.

Oh, and earlier in the week.......I was on the PHONE with an automated person and was told to press 3. So I pressed the 3 on my KEYBOARD. I have since come to realize that the two are separate apparatus.

As I recall (haha), such mental deterioration can be caused by a number of things, including a good drop on the head as a small child; chronic use of alcohol and/or marijuana; or earning a living as a professional boxer. I suffer from none of these conditions, I think. I did drop my son on his head (a story for another day) when he was six months old, so at least he'll have a better excuse for any mind loss he encounters.

I suppose there is no other conclusion to which to come other than I am getting older. http://www.bigsiteofamazingfacts.com/ tells me - so it must be true - that at the rate of a thousand brain cells lost per day, it would take almost 300,000 years before my brain runs out of cells! Even though I still have close to 299,963 years of brain cells left, it is my belief that the first 37 years of cell lost are the most dramatic. Case in point - me! Oh, and many of my friends. At least I'm in good company.

There was something else I wanted to say, but I can't remember what it was.

2 comments:

  1. You know you've really hit rock bottom when you press the Undo button on your computer when you write 2008 on a check instead of 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are in good company my dear!

    ReplyDelete