June 10, 2009

I'm Positive.

A dear friend of mine, Art (not Alexakis of Everclear), has challenged me to write something that is completely positive. So far, so good, as I've referred to him as a "dear friend" and not just 'some dude'. Here I go:

This evening, my child is being inducted into the National Junior Honor Society, qualifications for membership are a student's outstanding performance in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, character and citizenship. He is quite the Renaissance Man at the ripe young age of 13. He has brought home straight A's this year, is active in sports and the school band, and is a truly kind person. He can also expound articulate arguments in the ares of politics and the ethical responsibilities people have toward each other.

Other positive thoughts and facts include:
  • I have a job and a benevolent dictator of a boss whom I know has my back. (I once heard John Mellencamp described as a benevolent dictator and always loved that phrase.)
  • I have a warm and safe home to go to every night.
  • I love those with whom I live - the boy, the dog and the cat.
  • I have some wonderful, crazy friends who love me despite, or more likely because of, the fact that I'm as loony as are they!
  • I had a yummy Quizno's Tuscan Turkey sandwich for lunch today.
  • It's baseball season, soon to be followed by football season.
  • The new Dallas Cowboys stadium opens this year.
  • Wii Boxing rocks.
  • I know how to cook - food is always something you can use to make others happy.
  • John Mellencamp and Art Alexakis are very talented musicians, and I have seen both in concert!

So, there you have it. Nothing but happiness and light. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment