June 4, 2009

An In (the living room) Convenient Pee

New living room furniture is being delivered to my home tomorrow! Props to the Room Store and its No Payments/No Interest for Two Years deal! Of course, they are counting on me to make No Payments for the two years, then they can screw me with $824,293.74 in accumulated interest. My plan is to outsmart them by winning the lottery and paying them off long before 2011. Excellent strategy, right? Plan B is to request a government bailout for struggling sofa-owners.

In anticipation of the new items on which to rest my sorry butt when I'm not energized enough to do anything productive, I decided to steam clean the carpet. Now that I think about it, I could save a lot of effort on that endeavor by simply first deciding where to situate the new stuff, and then just clean aroud it! Curses! Oh well.

During my lunch hour today, I went home to steam clean some of the carpet. I chose to work on this chore during lunch time because 1) I work close to home, and therefore would have no Northern Virginia traffic to battle; and 2) I had nothing better to do. Pathetic, I know.

In addition to dingy carpet, I have an 8 month old puppy, Holly. Before I started the cleaning process, I took her out for a good potty. But apparently, this young lady has an aversion to freshly unblemished flooring material. While I was slowly (per the directions) running the machine back and forth over the area to which the solution had been applied, this mutt peed on the carpet. She literally did this right behind my back! I suppose that was a sign of intelligence. After I called her the proper name for a female dog, I had no choice but to turn around and steam the area of the offending puppy pee. Holly then looked at me as if to say, I swear, "Gosh, Mommy, I was just helping you wet the area to be cleaned." Helpful, thanks so much.

Hopefully, she will not enlist the additional assistance of the cat this evening while I finish the job. Damn, I'm gonna need more cleaning solution!

1 comment:

  1. Gave me a chuckle and reinforced no pets in my future.

    ReplyDelete