May 19, 2009

Feast or Famine

In my office, I am one of two things - either gorged or malnourished. My workload vacillates between Enough For Three People To Get Done and Not Even A Slug Would Agree To This Nothingness.

Almost three years ago, I left a job where the theme was forcible gluttony. You know, like in the movie "Se7en" with Brad Pitt when the killer murders that one guy by force-feeding him. The powers that be at that particular workplace were oblivious (some would say callously insensitive) to the fact that 99% of their employees were overworked and overburdened to the point that it is a wonder that none of us ever beat them about the head and face with staplers and hole-punchers. I'm still waiting for notice that a former co-worker has finally snapped and hurled obscenities and office equipment at her superiors. No one will blame her and in fact, will likely throw a parade in her honor. However, since I do not like parades, I will send a simple, but lovely bouquet of flowers.

In any event.....today, I have nothing to do. Bored. Out. Of. My. Mind. It's almost time for me to start playing online-sudoku, which is what I do when I've really hit my limit of idleness. I hear such games help keep your mind sharp. I hope so........I'll need some brain cells for the next time I might have actual work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment