February 10, 2010

Alternate Universe - Snow My Goodness!

Almost 1.5 months into the new year, and all is well. I've managed to maintain quite a good attitude during the minor ups and downs the last few weeks have brought. And I'm not alone. More than one of my friends and family have pointed out that they just seem generally "better". It's kind of creepy - in an Alternate Universe kind of way.

Now, by "better" I do not mean that all of life's problems (big and small) have miraculously been solved. However, many people seem to be somehow handling things, well, better. Collective new and improved mindset?? Well, if there was a meeting, memo or magical spell cast - it slipped right by my consciousness. Whatever mortal, spiritual or cosmic mechanism has allowed some of us to feel not quite so overwhelmed, frustrated, angry, sad, etc., etc. lately - I thank you. We are grateful.

On a related note........I am also grateful to the powers that be (pun intended) that my electricity has remained on during the recent attacks of Snowpocalypse and Snowmageddon. Outside my door tonight lays more than three feet of snow, fallen in two storms in five days. It is now officially the snowiest winter in Washington DC history! The last several days has made the 21" that felt at my house back in December look like nuthin'! Television reports all full of commentary from locals who've never seen anything like it! See - Alternate Universe!!

Oh, and have I mentioned that my teenage son and I haven't had a fight in weeks???? AU.........

No comments:

Post a Comment